Thursday, February 24, 2011

WOW!! DISSAPOINTED ! SAD! CONFUSED! A BIT OF EVERYTHING!

Wow, I see from the comments that some people are really paying attention to my progress. First let me tell you that I am okay. The nights have been cold (darn cold) and it is costing more in fuel than I planned to stay warm but I am doing okay. I have been keeping myself occupied during the days trying to get my life back on track and deal with things and I thought a couple of days away from my whining wouldn't hurt! I haven't had the interview for the job I mentioned yet but I am fairly confident it is coming. I am feeling better thanks to my time in the gym and that helps a lot.

One disappointng and frustrating thing over the past week is trying to deal with Alberta (Chinook) victim services. Not having a phone line has made it impossible to call them (especially since Chinook division is long distance from work) and they have no email apparently. I contancted the main office of Victim services by email twice. The first time I received no response and the second time I was told the Chinook division would phone me at work. That was three days ago. I want to file a victim impact statement in the case against my ex but I have to go through Victim Services to do this and at this rate everything will be done before I have a chance to have any imput. I think its important a statement be filed so the courts understand the extent of the problem and where it has left me, an how it persists since it seems everyone I ever knew is being told I just up and abandoned the family. Kind of hard to go back to a small community when you are seen as a pariah there because of lies used to cover someone elses issues.

I thought victim services was fantastic in my first dealing with them. They handed me the paper work I needed, offered me some housing suggestions, and made sure I got a room for that night. After that it seems like I don't exist to them, even though they know where I can be reached during the day or a message left for me, and they have my email. The sad fact is all the information they gave me about potential housing help was wrong, at least according to the Income Support people. And I have not heard a thing about what is going on with the case and it seems am not going to get the assistance I need to even file a Victim Impact Statement. I have talked to women who have been through this and according to them they always had follow-up and before any case proceeded they were interviewed to see if this was a one time thing or just the first time they called the police. They also had follow-up to make sure they were safe and had a roof over their head and food. Seems like double standards, and I fear at this point my ex will probaly get nothing leaving none of the real issues dealt with. I am confused and depressed over the whole process.

As for the force a divorce and sell the horses thing, we weren't actually married (though it was on three months ago she said yes to marriage) and forcing the sale of the horses won't solve the problem. She will get more horses and it will start all over again. At this point I have better things to do with my meager funds than donate them to a lawyer.

Other than that things are okay. I am hoping the job interview call comes any day and in the meantime I will fill up my time with the gym, my part time job, and some writing on the side (other than this blog).

For those that asked, thanks for caring. It is much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Old Fart I submitted your last post to a bunch of news places. There is so much in your story from the way Victim Services has left you hanging, to the animal hoarding, and more. I think it should be in one of the papers or something. Good to see you back. Its supposed to be cold again tonight - Keep Warm!!!

    ReplyDelete