Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Two Steps Forward .....

I really thought I was moving ahead yesterday, mentally anyways.  Probably would have been an excellent day except that Cupid decided to kick me in the ass.

I made the mistake of parking near a group of restaurants and every couple I saw walk in for Valentines cut me like a knife.  To top it off someone I worked with  brought out a chest that I had been working on for months to remind me to bring it home.  I have been working on this chest for months,  handcut dovetail joints throughout, inlaid doors and drawer, hidden compartment, walnut with mahogany, and maple highlights.  I had been planning on giving this to my wife (my ex I guess) for Valentines day for months.  Probably put close to 60 hours worth of work into it (those handcut dovetails are a pain in the neck).  Anyway it didn't  leave the shop and that didn't take long for the gossip to get around the staff, the jokes started in the staff room at lunch today, so I don't imagine it will take long for the whole staff to know all the sordid details.

It seems I also have a six day long weekend starting thursday.  Not what I needed mentally or physically.  I guess I can use the extra time off for a job search, and to Anonymous who said he could find me something please email me direct and I will send along a resume.

Think I am going to try and connect up with social services and see if they can help with housing at all.  I know they have said there is nothing  they can do before, but there has to be some assistance out there.  There are stories everyday in the news about how they are doing new things to get people off the street.  It's suppose to get bitter cold here again with more snow.  I don't think my body can deal with that cold anymore.  Wish me luck.

1 comment: