Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Damn It's Cold!

I don't think I have been able to get the chill off my body in days and unfortunatley the weather isn't helping.  Last night was so bloody cold I'd be lucky if I got more than a couple hours of sleep.  I am completely exhuaseted today but since I went into the office (even though its my day off) I haven't slept at all.  Hopefully I am tired enough  that I can sleep no matter how cold it is tonight.  I can't leave the car running anymore or I will definitely run out of much needed cash.

This is day eight and I think it is a good one mentally, despite the cold.  I am going to have to at least see a doctor soon though because physically I am a (almost) walking disaster.  I was able to get a few resumes out and I hold hope that I get a quick call back on one of those

As I type this I am sitting in a MacDonalds having a coffee (which isn't half bad).  It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the teenagers here.  When did it become necessary for the whole world to hear your sordid conversations and foul language?  When did it become acceptable to sit on the serving counter?  When did it become appropriate behaviour to spend time gossiping with your friends when you are working behind the counter while there is a line-up in front of the counter?  I put serious consideration into walking up to one of the kids and slapping them hard enough that their mother would feel it.  Now that would get me a warm room for the night, wouldn't it?

Ahhh, now there's the cantankerous old fart I've been missing!  It's good to have him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment