Friday, February 11, 2011

Upsell Everything!!

One of the tasks on my list today was to open a new bank account, one the wife (I guess ex-wife now) does not have access to and where I can get first crack at my pay check.  Not a big deal, right?  Well you wouldn't think so anyways.  I did the prep work online, decided on which bank I wanted to deal with and which account would best suit my banking.  I even filled out the online form thinking that perhaps I wouldn't have to go through a bunch of crap at the bank itself.  Boy was I wrong.

Turns out that to open a bank account TD expects you to arrange a meeting with one of their managers and sit down with them in their little cubicle for 40 minutes.  What ever happened to walking up to the teller and saying I would like to open a bank account, here is my id. this is what I would like.  That is how it used to be.  You could be in and out in 5 minutes (well except for the lineup).  Now they want to upsell you on all their financial products, and encourage you to increase your debt, and sell you insurance for that debt, and on and on and on.  What a pile of crap!  Real customer service would have been letting the teller I originally spoke to print off the forms and letting me open the account I want.

I must say the manager I got to deal with did not put on a huge push but that could be in part to the fact that I practically broke down to tears when I said I needed an account because my wife and I were separating.  (Funny how saying the words out loud opens that floodgate of emotions.)  At any rate, the last thing a beautiful young woman wants is a crotchety old man sitting across from her at her desk blubbering away so things moved along pretty quick after that.

My message to TD and whatever other banks are following this policy - drop it.  Its a pain in the rear.  If customers want to learn about your other products let them ask and arrange a meeting with you instead of forcing it down their throat.  And why in the world have an online account application form if that information never gets to the bank and you just have to provide everything all over again?  What a waste of my time.

The other thing I did today was break down and see a doctor.  The pain is getting a little much to handle and the numbness is starting to get in the way.  The doctor confirmed what I already knew, blood pressure sky high, shoulder needs that surgery to get better and to try and not sleep on it or put excessive pressure on it, the teeth need to see a dental surgeon, etc.  I left with perscriptions for pain killers, anti-inflamatories, blood pressure, and anti-biotics.  At least I have lots of paper to fill my glove compartment now because there isn't a chance in the world I am affording any of that stuff.  It is unfortunately becoming clearer and clearer to me just how easy it is for a person to go from working and having a home so sleeping in a cardboard box and begging for change.  I only hope I can put the brakes on it before it gets that far for me.

Just as an aside, I am really struggling not to show up at my wifes door and say I love you, I will do anything, just take me back.  Or even pick up the phone and talk to her and the kids and tell them how much I love them, all, and miss them.  It is a constant mental and spiritual battle within myself because while I do feel that way that hatred, and distrust for my wife that builds up in me with every cold night, every ache and pain, every lonely moment is simply overwhelming me.  I only hope that thoses people who say they know who she is and will email her have done so.  Not only because I want her to know just how miserable she has made my life, but I pray (and I don't do that much) that somehow she is motivated to talk to someone, maybe get assesses, and get treated if necessary for the rage and the animal hoarding.

It is going to be a long lonely weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Dude, she punched out your lights and left you out in the cold. You should hate her. That's all she deserves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, I am not a religious person AT ALL, but possible consider at least attending on Sunday, it will keep you out of the cold, allow you to be around other people, and possible a warm cup of coffee.
    Write me off line if you wish. I'll be checking my em during the wk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with anonymous. If a man ever treated a woman the way you have been treated he would be villified and called a bastard demon by everyone. Sad comment on society when women (who want to be treated as equals) get away with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Sandra. Even if she doesn't have a hoarding problem (which I think she does) and just loves her horses, violence is totally unacceptable. COM has been victimized twice, by his wife and by the system.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Im glad youre pressing charges...much the same thing happened to me...but I was too afriad to contact authorities fearing my life and my children's life would be in jeperady

    ReplyDelete