Friday, February 18, 2011

Positive Movement

You would think after yesterday I would be pretty down and depressed, and I was. On top of everything else I knew it was going to be another bloody cold night and I just wasn't looking forward to. But today - well today is payday which means I made it. I finished the week with $10 bucks in my pocket and the few pounds I lost, well I could afford to loose them.

One of the first things I did today was sign up for a monthly membership at a local gym. Not only does this give me something to do in those long, lonely evenings and days off, but it provides me with a spot to shower and clean up every day. That will be nice. I did workout today as well (for the first time in many years) and I am sore, but it's a good sore.

The second positive thing today is I gave the gentleman who offered some help in finding a job for me and it looks like he has really come through for me. At a time when I was loosing all faith in people this gentlemen went out of his way to find work for me that was a fit for me. The position he mentioned sounds like an excellent fit for me, not just a mcjob, and I am quite stoked about the opportunity. But if you want to know how small the world is, I actually did some work for this man many years ago (in my alter ego) and he is one of the few (it seems) that know of my fictional writing in my alter ego. (everybody sing it now - It's a small world afterall, It's..... Good luck in getting that earworm out of your head).


Number three on my list of positive things - I started a new page on my blog. I hope to use it to perhaps help and guide others who might find themselves in this unfortunate situation. I am excited enough about this whole blog project that I drafted up and sent out an email to local media about it. (If you are reading this drop the CBC, the Herald, The Sun, and whatever other media you can think of and tell them they should have a close look at this story.) I know its only a resource page or two but i can tell you even the little bit of information that is up there already would have made a world of difference for me to know going into the process. I really hope it helps others, and of course writing this blog and providing the information is very cathartic for me. That being said, I hope that I find myself working in that fantastic job soon and don't have the opportunity to update this blog so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment