Monday, February 14, 2011

Moving Forward

The week-end is over and I am off to work shortly.  All-in-all it wasn't a bad week-end.  The weather in Calgary was rather nice so my fuel reserves are holding out (which means I will probably make it the next four days without totally missing a day of food).  I was also able to get my laundry done and get a shower (thank you Anonymous for the truck stop suggestion).  Because it was so warm I was also able to get a couple full nights of sleep which is good, except for the fact that I literally can't stand up in the morning because I am so stiff from being scrunched up all night (how the heck do people do that?).

Got a few resume's out as well, which I hope someone bites on.  Even had a couple of interviews, unfortunately in both cases they wanted me to quit my part-time job and come and work full-time for them - for half the hourly wage!!  I may be a little desperate but I am not stupid.  Why would I give up the same weekly wage earned in half the hours at a job I love to work full-time for the same total income at another job?  I even asked one of the managers that specific question and his reponse to me was "it makes better fiscal sense to work full-time."   My next question should have been "what cracker jack box did you get your math degree from?".  Don't think I'll miss not having that job.

I am reading with interest the comments being made on my Blog.  I do know that that no-one deserves to be beaten for having a different opinion, but I also know i could have just walked away those times and not said anything about the horses.  This was one of those impossible choices - don't say anything, let the problem persist, and keep peace in the family - or try and point out the problem and fix it but sacrifice the peace.  The real unfortunate part of this is that, at some point the SPCA and the police will be involved again, and like last time they will come in hard and agressive dealing with the animal problem but never taking time to assess or adress the underlying problem.  Kind of like tossing a homeless person in jail for stealing a bun to fill their belly.  You know its going to happen again, or even get worse unless you deal with the underlying problem.

There is, I think, no way to help my wife unless she chooses to seek help herself.  As for me, life goes on and I need to keep moving forward.  I meet with someone whose interested in the car after work tomorrow.  I am not totally anxious for it to be gone right away (it's not tenting weather yet), but it will be a major debt off my shoulders and let me get things more separate from my Ex.  If it doesn't sell, anyone interested in an 06 Prius.  Backseat is great for sleeping in as long as you are three and a half feet tall ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning C.O.M. Im glad the truck-stop suggestion panned out for you. Its amazing how a hot shower and clean clothes can elevate ones perspective.Through my consulting practice,I have established good working relationships with many many companies, quite a few of them looking for a few good men so to speak. Although i am unsure of your background or expectations, i would still suggest that i could possibly assist you in furthering your job search. (If a fella wasnt to fussy, i could probably arrange to offer you full time employment with benefits as soon as this week.If a fella was fussy, thats ok too. I'm sure we can still deal. No gaurantees, but a promise from me to you i'll do my best for ya. Someone did it for me long ago, this is a good way for me to pay it forward. If you are interested, simply indicate so on your blog, and we can arrange contact that suits you from there.
    Circumstantial Alumni.

    ReplyDelete