Friday, February 4, 2011

What to do? What to do?

Day 4 - It is just after 6 in the morning and I finally have some food in my belly.  I had to wait until just after 5 for my paycheck to be available through the bank machine and unfortunately the bank did take out their payments first (which ticks me right off btw.  I pay to do my banking with them, and yes I have a loan that must be paid back to them but why does the fact that they have my money give them the right to decide they should get paid first - before anyone or anything else.  I should have the ability to decide when to release money to them just like I would for any other bill.  I know for the future I will have my paycheck deposited into a separate bank from one I get any loans or business through.)
So I am heading into the next couple of weeks with a couple hundred dollars in my pocket.  Better than some but it is not going to get a roof over my head.  I filled the gas tank so I can continue to work (there are no busses where I am) and so I can keep warm at night.  I am thinking about putting some money on a prepaid credit card so I can get a Skype account.  I need to be able to phone somehow.  I can't even call the help line number I was given because I have no phone and the number is restricted from my work phone (unless I make the call from the main office at which point my life and problems will become everyones business).
It is easy to see just how easy a person can become homeless.  For whatever reason a person looses the roof over their head, by choice or not, even with a job if they have no savings than their income is spent eating and trying to just stay warm and sheltered somehow.  There is no chance to even save some money to put aside to get into a new home of any sort.  I am blessed that I have the car (for now) but I fear it is a quick downhill trip.  I have alreaedy had to put the car up for sale (thank you Kijiji) because it is one of those debts we are going to have to split or eliminate as we separate.
About that separation, it became obvious to me this morning that, despite how much I love that woman, that love is quickly being buried as an overwhelming hatred builds in me.  Everytime my stomach growls it grows.  Everytime I find myself freezing with no place warm to go it grows.  Every time I stop to examine and analyze my situation it grows.  I fear that this hatred may just consume me, if the grief and sadness doesn't do it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment