Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thank You Gold's Gym!!!

Okay, I know it sounds like an advertisement, but it isn't. The simple fact is that I should done this a couple weeks ago because it is making all the difference in the world for me, both mentally and physically.
You may have read in my last post that I was putting some of my short funds into joining a gym. At first glance many would say why do that and I can understand that thought but being able to go into a gym eveyday gives me a place to shower every day (lord knows I need that) and a place to hang out and do something constructive other that sit in a coffee shop stretching out a coffee for hours to stay warm.

What I didn't realize at the time was just how cathartic and benficial joining the gym would be. Working out (something which I have not done in years) has helped to relieve some of the aches and pains from sleeping in the cramped cold car. Working out has also left me tired enough that I actually sleep through the night. Its amazing how much difference some good sleep can have on your overall mental state. Even more beneficial is the help the excellent staff at Gold's gym have given me in getting my shoulder released and moving again. The couple of guys I dealt with were knowledgeable and had some good advice and suggestions. I can't them enough for taking the time they did with me.

The atmosphere and people at Gold's are fantastic too. It's not so crowded that you are rushed through the equipment and you aren't in the way if you site and relax for a while. Even the front desk staff are friendly and chatty. The socialization away from work, especially during this extended break, has been great. As the cantankerous old fart I am I don't often throw out recommendations for places or things, but I would recommend Gold's gym to everyone.

6 comments:

  1. i've been follwing you. Let me give you a suggestion. You are obviously heading for a divorce so just force the sale of all the horses in the divorce - bills paid - horse problem gone - that easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow Allen's advice - file for divorce and force the horse sale before the SPCA seizes them all and you have nothing but bills and heartache left

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with Amanda and Allen. Force the sale of the horses quick (by divorce or other means) or you will be dragged down too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you okay Old Fart. I haven't seen a post in a couple of days and I know it's been bloody cold in Calgary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where have you gone. You keeping warm. You still around?

    ReplyDelete
  6. -30 in Calgary last night. you surviving. Miss your posts

    ReplyDelete