Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Year Ahead

  As this Christmas moves into our rear view mirrors it becomes a time of reflection and planning for many, the preparations to enter the new year with a plan of action. I find myself with a lot to reflect after a whirlwind (or perhaps tornado would be the more appropriate descriptor) year, and some exciting plans. It was almost a year ago that this blog started as my thought process after finding myself on the streets, with virtually nothing. The blog was a bitter, sad, angry compilation when it started. It has progressed over the year to something more, which thankfully many seem to enjoy.
I hope that this blog always encourages its readers to think about others, and helps those in tough places to find some small bit of hope. I hope it encourages some comtemplation and deliberation. I hope it reveals some perspectives on life and the people around us that may not be so obvious to everyone. There are those individuals who take from others and take no concern in destroying the lives of others in pursuit of their own goals. Whatever their reasons or motivations, I can't help but feel a little sorry for these people because I don't think they can ever really be happy.

One of the things I would like to do with this blog is introduce you to others who have come from tough places and situations and are working to overcome their challenges. I am looking for suggestions from my readers on individuals whose stories would be of interest to others. In keeping with the theme of this website, if these individuals ride a motorbike it would be fantastic. I am looking for people who live within a days bike ride from Calgary so I can ride out on the motorbike, sit down and have a coffee and conversation, maybe go for a ride, then head back home and share this person's stories with my readers here and at Motorbike Zen.

In the next year I will be returning to some of the work that I truly love. My blacksmithing and horseshoeing. After the year long hiatus Steppin' On the FrogFarrier Service will be starting back up. I will be starting to take on new clients in late February and March and am pretty excited about returning to horses in this capacity. I will also be retooling my shop and taking on more blacksmithing projects as Akasha Forge &Foundry.

Of course I will be eagerly awaiting the arrival of bike riding weather so I can return to the open roads and enjoy the wind rushing past me, my partner holding on tight to my waist as we lean into the corners.

I look forward to a good year ahead and I hope all of you have a good year as well.




4 comments:

  1. Glad you are returning to shoeing, you were fantastic with our horses. And you get to do it with all new tools! Just goes to show you can't keep a good man down Larry, no matter how hard someone may have tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Success is definitely the best revenge. Coming from near freezing to death on the streets to where you are now shows a level of determination and inner strength few have. I wish you all the success in the world at your blacksmithing and as a farrier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me you will be travelling to Golden again. We are desperate for the services of a good farrier out here since you stopped making you regular stops in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please let me know when you have bought your new tools and have a shop set up. I have some railings and gates I have wanted you to do for a while now.

    ReplyDelete